Technical resources from around the web
Here's a great spot to find EMC, Environmental Stress, and FCC Certification answers through links to publicly available government and industry information that we've found extremely helpful over the years and more trustworthy than mass web resources like Wikipedia for specific industry answers. Look below to see if there's something here that might help you as well.
If you can't find what you need or have more specific questions, please contact us directly for more guidance.
> Defense Logistics Agency "ASSIST"
"ASSIST" is the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) website that provides access to a range of technical documents, standards, and government handbooks. They are available for free download but access to the ASSIST website may need registration (no cost) with DLA.
We recommend the following technical documents on ASSIST:
Environmental Stress Testing
MIL-810G Military Standard for Environmental Stress Testing
MIL-HDBK-310 Global Climatic Data for Developing Military Products
MIL-HDBK-338B Electronic Reliability Design Handbook
RAM Guide DOD Guide for Achieving Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability
MIL-HDBK-189C Reliability Growth Handbook
MIL-HDBK-781 Reliability Test Methods, Plans, and Environments.
MIL-HDBK-217F Reliability Prediction Electronic Equipment
MIL-461F Electromagnetic Compatibility for Subsystems and Equipment
MIL-464C Electromagnetic Compatibility for Systems
MIL-HDBK-237D E3 Guidance for DoD
> NATO Standards Database
Environmental Stress Testing and Reliability
AECTP-100 Guidelines for Defense Material
AECTP-200 Environmental Conditions
AECTP-230 Climatic Conditions
AECTP-240 Mechanical Conditions
AECTP-300 Climatic Tests
AECTP-400 Mechanical Environment Tests
AECTP-600 10 Step Evaluation of Materials Life Requirements
AECTP-250 Electrical and EMC Conditions
AECTP-500 Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Testing
> CE Marking "Europa"
To help you gain a better understanding of CE Marking regulations and requirements we recommend the following publicly available technical resources.
- EMC - Official Journal and Guide to the application of EMC Directive
- RED - Official Journal and Guide to the application of Radio Equipment Directive
- LVD - Official Journal and Guide to the application of Low Voltage Directive
- Machinery - Official Journal and Guide to the application of Machine Safety Directive
> FCC Office of Engineering and Technology
To help you gain a better understanding of FCC requirements we recommend the following publicly available technical resources. Most are searched through the FCC Knowledge Data Base.
- Guidelines for Labeling and User Information for Devices Subject to Part 15 & 18
- Transmitter Module Equipment Authorization Guide
- Permissive Change Policy
- OET Bulletin NO. 63 - Understanding the FCC Regulations for Low-Power, Non-Licensed Transmitters.
- OET Bulletin NO. 62 - Understanding the FCC Regulations for Computers and Other Digital Devices.
- Authorization Search
> Ford EMC
To help you gain a better understanding of Ford EMC testing we recommend the following publicly available technical resources.
- Ford EMC Specification
- Design Guide