Third-party Accreditation Through A2LA & NVLAP
Elite’s quality accreditations provide a third-party assessment of our test and certification services. These credentials establish a benchmark of performance for efficiency, repeatability, accuracy to the ISO quality standards. Presently, Elite has ISO-based quality system accreditations through two organizations: A2LA and NVLAP.
ISO 17025 encompasses the primary documentation and QA process management elements of the ISO 9002 quality standard. It is adapted for the testing industry to address the technical competence, facilities, and resources that are required for testing and calibration. The ISO 17065 certification quality system is required in order to perform radio transmitter certifications for manufacturers seeking compliance with the FCC and ISED Canada regulations.
A2LA (American Association for Laboratory Accreditation)
A2LA is a nonprofit, non-governmental, public service, membership society. As of January 1, 2018, A2LA has over 3,000 accredited laboratories in the U.S. and several foreign countries. Laboratory accreditation is based on internationally accepted criteria for competence in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO/IEC 17065:2012. A2LA also offers programs for accreditation of inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers and product certification bodies.
Elite’s Scope of Accreditation through A2LA
- ISO 17025 Testing Scope of Accreditation for Electrical and EMC Testing (Certificate #1786.01)
- ISO 17025 Scope of Accreditation for Mechanical Testing (including Photometry) (Certificate #1786.02)
- ISO 17065 Scope of Accreditation for Radio Transmitter Certification (Certificate #1786.03)
- ISO 17065 Scope of Accreditation for FAA Airport Lighting Equipment Certification (Certificate #1786.04)
NVLAP (The National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program)
NVLAP provides third-party accreditation to testing and calibration laboratories. The program was established by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST, part of the U.S. Department of Commerce) in 1976 to serve the needs of the government and private sector (industry, consumers, and other stakeholders) NVLAP currently offers accreditation in 17 fields of testing involving thousands of test methods; eight fields of calibration covering more than 90 parameters; and two fields of chemical calibration.
Elite’s Scope of Accreditation through NVLAP
- ISO 17025:2017 Scope of Accreditation for EMC Testing (Lab Code: 100278-0)
- Visit the NVLAP Directory for our latest scope of accreditation and certificate.