ISTA Certified Testing Laboratory
Elite is certified through the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) to perform performance and transit simulation tests for packaged products. ISTA defines several Test Series tailored for various types, sizes, and shapes of packaging to test the survivability of packaged products through transportation. ISTA Package Testing helps to prevent damage to products in transit, optimize packaging to save weight, bulk, and waste, and reduce insurance and freight costs.
For shippers participating in the ISTA "Transit Tested" Program, Elites authorized to submit test reports directly to ISTA as part of the application package.
Elite is a Commercial laboratory certified for the following test protocols:
- ISTA 1 Series - Non-simulation Integrity Performance Test Procedures 1A, 1C, and 1G - Packaged-products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or less
- ISTA 2 Series - Partial Simulation Integrity Performance Test Procedures 2A and 2C - Packaged-products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or less
- ISTA 3 Series - General Simulation Performance Test Procedures 3A, 3B, and 3F - Packaged-products for parcel delivery system shipment less than 150 lb (70 kg)
- ISTA 6 Series - Member Performance Tests - 6-AMAZON.COM-Over Boxing, and 6-AMAZON.COM-SIOC (Ships In Own Container) Types A, B, D, G, and H
- ISTA 6 Series - Member Performance Tests - 6-FedEx-A - Packaged Products Weighting Up To 150 lb
- ISTA 7 Series - Development Test Procedure 7D - Temperature Test for Transport Packaging