IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship
November 29th, 2017
The IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James C. Klouda and his professional career in the field of electromagnetic compatibility. The Scholarship Fund awards, on an annual basis, a scholarship to a qualified undergraduate student seeking an electrical engineering degree with emphasis in the field of EMC or a related discipline, from an accredited U.S. university or college. We hope that friends and relatives of our customers might benefit from this award as well so please inquire. Contact us for more details on the scholarship and how to apply (or see info below).
Administration: IEEE EMC Society (EMC-S) will serve as administrator of the IEEE JCK Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee.
Eligibility: The Scholarship Candidate must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in electrical engineering at an accredited university or college and inside the U.S. (no distance learning or on-line course students are eligible)
- Have completed freshman year in an electrical engineering program at an accredited university or college in the U.S.
- Hold a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed college coursework in electromagnetic compatability or in a related discipline
Prize Items: The Scholarship Fund will be used to fund on an annual basis the following annual expenses:
- A maximum of US$1,000 for one student for school expenses (tuition, books, students fees)
- EMC-S Student Membership for 12 months to one student
- Presented to awardee at the annual IEEE EMC Symposium
Basis for Judging:
- Evidence of maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- One referral letter from individual who is qualified to evaluate the applicant's academic accomplishments (e.g., professor, administrator, employer, intership organization)
- Additional consideration will be afforded to scholarship applicants that reside in IEEE Region 4
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018