Airport Lighting Qualification in One Location
September 27th, 2018
With the addition of ISO 17025 accredited Photometric Testing, Elite is now fully equipped to test and qualify airport lighting equipment in accordance with FAA, ICAO, and Canada specifications. The ongoing transition from incandescent to LED light sources throughout the airport lighting industry is introducing new challenges for electrical, mechanical, thermal, and photometric performance along with substantial improvements in efficiency and longevity. Building on 60+ years of testing experience, Elite has invested time and resources over the last five years to deliver the specialized testing capabilities required for airport lighting equipment qualification in one location.
In the U.S., airport lighting equipment is certified under the FAA Airport Lighting Equipment Certification Program (ALECP) defined in FAA AC 150/5345-53D. While Elite is not yet an FAA Third Party Certification Body, we are ready to assist with developmental and qualification testing in support of certification.
ICAO Annex 14 and Canada TP312 specify performance requirements outside the U.S. but they are not part of a formal certification program. For these standards, Elite provides accredited testing to independently verify product conformity to help differentiate manufacturers' equipment and easily satisfy their customers' specifications.
Elite offers complete testing services for all aspects of airport lighting equipment development and qualification:
- Photometrics - Steady and Effective Intensity, and Color per FAA AC 150/5345 Series, ICAO Annex 14, and TP312.
- EMC/EMI - FCC Part 15 Emissions; CE Mark Compliance for EMC and LV Directives; TCB Certifications.
- Environmental - Temperature, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Water/Dust Ingress, Salt Fog, Vibration, Shock and more per MIL-STD-810.
- Mechanical - Tension, Compression, and Bending to Simulate Wind and Yield Loads.
- Lightning/Surge - Utility-Grade Surge and Transient Protection Testing.
- Highly Acclerated Life (HALT) - Compress product life with temperature and vibration cycling to find and diagnose failure modes.
Contact us today to experience the Elite testing advantage of technical expertise, flexible scheduling, and trusted results to qualify your airport lighting equipment. Or visit us at Booth 104 during the IESALC Fall Technology Meeting on Ocotber 3.