November 1, 2017
Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Year Started at Elite: 2017
Areas of Expertise/Interest: Environmental Stress, Military & Automotive EMC. Technical Sales.
Illinois State University – B.S., Business Administration & Organizational Leadership
Any unique hobbies, talents, skills, experiences, etc.:
– Hobbies: Fitness (HIIT Workouts), Hiking, Camping, Snowboarding, Scuba Diving, Traveling,
– Talents/Skills: I can walk on my hands pretty well.
- Hiking a “14ner” (what a 14,000 ft. mountain is called in Colorado)
- Completed two Tough Mudder Obstacle Course Events. (10 Miles, 20+ Obstacles & the highest elevation courses).
- I lived in west England for a summer with a host family.
- Recently traveled to Costa Rica and stayed on the beach, in a tree house in the cloud/rainforest forest, and in the jungle by a volcano.
What would you consider to be your passion outside of work? How did you get started in it? Any advice for anyone looking to try this activity?
Hiking! I love being outside, in the wilderness, and exploring new places.
Get some waterproof hiking boots (with good ankle support), a hat, a small backpack that includes: a light jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks that are at least 100 calories each (cliff bars and almonds are my favorites), and a hydration reservoir filled with at least 2L of water. Make sure to google hiking trails near you or download the “All Trails App” which lists the trails near you) and get out there and explore!
Proudest moment in life so far:
When I married the love of my life this past July in the beautiful Colorado mountains.
How did you get involved with EMC/ENV testing?
I have always wondered how all the electronics in our world get along. For example, when the pilot says, “Please put your phones in Air Plane mode…” Also, the science behind how things are made to work within different environments. My new family might have something to do with it too ;).
Why did you choose to work at Elite?
Elite is a great company made up of awesome people with good values.
What is something that customers/colleagues might find surprising about you?
I go to get Acupuncture done and I’m sneaky-good at estimating.
If you could be paid something other than money, what would you choose?