Updated June 11, 2021
Dear Valued Elite Customers,
The recent and ongoing developments of COVID-19 are affecting everyone’s normal routines. The situation is changing rapidly leading to cancellation of many events, school and restaurant closings, and restricted travel.
We are open for business to serve our customers. We are supporting and scheduling new project requests to help our customers stay on track.
The Governor of Illinois has released the “Restore Illinois Plan” that is a five-phase approach to reopening the state. We currently in the Phase 5 which allows reopening of all manufacturing facilities. This phased opening process includes providing safety measures to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Elite’s top priority is the safety of all of our key stakeholders and their families, including our employees and customers. To ensure we are providing a safe and healthy work environment, we are continuing necessary precautions for customers visiting our facilities, inaccordance with CDC and ILDPH guidelines:
- Access to Elite will be restricted if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results, have had a positive test result in the past 14 days, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- All visitors who are NOT fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet. Face coverings are optional for all visitors who are fully vaccinated.
- Visitors will be limited to essential business. We are asking our customers to limit their visitation to the lab for essential purposes only, such as initial test item setup, troubleshooting, or functional checks.
- We are asking our customers to shiptheir test items an support equipment to the lab instead of hand carrying whenever possible. All equipment sent to the lab should be thoroughly disinfected as a precaution.
- We ask that you be diligent and practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly and avoiding contact with others.
- We ask if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. fever, cough) that you stay at home. Please be sure to report changes to your schedule and absenteeism.
- Please report any positive COVID-19 test results to Elaine Russo (630-495-9770 x 159) that occur within 14 days of your visit.
If you are traveling internationally, CDC classifies air travel as a higher risk activity for COVID-19 exposure. Please carefully consider your need to travel to Elite and follow the CDC precautions for higher risk activities for 14 days after you travel. If you have visited any prohibited countries in the past 14 days, entry to the U.S. is currently prohibited.
While the test laboratory remains open for testing, this may change due to safety or other circumstances beyond our control. We are monitoring the situation and using resources from the CDC and Illinois Manufacturer’s Association (IMA) to provide guidance on addressing the issues. IMA and CDC are providing regular updates on the situation. We have formed an internal Task Force to help to address these issues as they arise.
Please visit the CDC COVID-19 web page for additional information and guidance.
We appreciate your ongoing support as we work together to navigate through these global health challenges while maintaining the focus on the health and safety of all employees and the needs of our customers.
Raymond J. Klouda