Updated March 21, 2020
Dear Valued Elite Customers,
The recent and ongoing developments of COVID-19 are affecting everyone’s normal routines. The situation is changing drastically leading to cancellation of many events, school and restaurant closings, and restricted travel to other countries.
We will be open for business to serve our customers with limited staff starting March 23. This means that all projects currently in progress (or scheduled to start on March 23) will continue as planned.
On March 20, the Governor of Illinois issued a "stay at home" executive order through April 7 for all Illinois residents and requested that all essential businesses continue to operate in response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. We will be asking all personnel who can work from home to do so and we will asking any employees not assigned an active project to stay home.
New customer policies will also be in effect starting March 23 in addition to the precautions listed below:
- We will be asking our customers to limit their visitation to the lab for essential purposes only (a project that is currently in-house or starting up and we need you here to support).
- We will be asking our customers to send in equipment whenever possible. All equipment sent to the lab should be thoroughly disinfected as a precaution.
Elite’s top priority is the safety of all of our key stakeholders and their families, including our employees and customers. To ensure we are providing a safe and healthy work environment, we are taking necessary precautions for customers visiting our facilities:
- We are restricting access to anyone who has traveled outside the U.S. within the last 14 days.
- Currently our test laboratory will remain open for testing. We are hoping to maintain operations but this may change due to safety or other circumstances beyond our control.
- We ask that you be diligent and practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly and avoiding contact with others. This practice appears to be the best way to reduce the spread of the virus.
- We ask if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. fever, cough) that you stay at home. Please be sure to report changes to your schedule and absenteeism.
- Please report any positive COVID-19 test results that occur within 14 days of your visit.
We are monitoring the situation and using resources from the CDC and Illinois Manufacturer’s Association (IMA) to provide guidance on addressing the issues. IMA and CDC are providing regular updates on the situation. We have formed an internal Task Force to help to address these issues as they arise.
Please visit the CDC COVID-19 web page for additional information and guidance.
We appreciate your ongoing support as we work together to navigate through these global health challenges while maintaining the focus on the health and safety of all employees and the needs of our customers.
Raymond J. Klouda
We will update this page regularly as new guidance is released. Please contact us if you have any questions or information to report.