Custom fixtures for every product and application
When a simple arrangement of bars and clamps will not securely fasten products to test equipment, then a mechanical adapter, called a “fixture,” is used to attach the test item mounting points to vibration and shock machines. Since every product is unique, custom-designed fixtures are custom-designed to be secure without interfering with the operation of the product. Fixtures also ensure products are held products at the proper orientation while under test and to better simulate real-world applications.
A customized fixture has several important features and functions:
- Adapt to unique shapes, contours, and mounting points of the test item
- Connect these unique shapes to the vibration or shock machine surfaces
- Transmit vibration/shock energy from the machine to the test item per the intended specification
- Design-out fixture resonances that may dampen, amplify, or distort the intended test waveforms
- Provide test orientations in multiple planes of motion
- Balance and distribute the test item and fixture mass to maintain a center of gravity on axis with the armature
Clients rely on Elite's expertise, design resources, dedicated facilities, and project management to provide turn-key vibration or shock testing in a seamless and cost-effective manner. Well-designed fixtures are an important component in our testing programs and we ensure they are built with the highest quality.
We utilize SolidWorks CAD software to develop and optimize our designs then manufacture the finished unit in our on-site, full-service fabrication shop. Our fabrication shop includes two CNC mills capable of machining material up to 4 feet wide and is staffed by an experienced mechanical designer and a full-time machinst. The entire process is seamlessly coordinated and completed in one location so an optimized fixture is ready for the start of testing.
Contact us for Fixture Design, Analysis, and Fabrication services:
- Describe the test item, i.e. detailed dimensioned drawings, test specification, quantity of samples, etc.
- Provide a SolidWorks compatible CAD file of your test item, i.e. (.step, .stp files, ISO 10303 "Standard for the Exchange of Product model data")
- Or, provide a sample of the test item for our designers to directly measure the shape, contour, and mounting details.