Verify electrical and environmental reliability
For manufacturers of high voltage electrical switchgear and related equipment, Elite offers a unique combination of expertise and test facilities. This means having electrical testing, EMC testing, and environmental testing all under one roof. It also means Elite has built the capability to test higher surge voltages and currents, reach higher radiated immunity levels, and has the vibration equipment to test very large equipment as is required in this industry.
Following are a selection of the typically electric power industry tests that are conducted at Elite. For other tests and capabilities, contact an Elite sales engineer.
IEC Test Standards
- IEC 60255 - Measuring Relays and Protection Equipment.
- IEC 60834 - Tele protection Equipment of Power Systems.
- IEC 60870 - Tele protection Equipment of Power Systems.
- EN 61000-4-3 Radiated Immunity
- EN 61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transients
- EN 61000-4-5 Surge 1.2 x 50 / 8 x 20 us
- EN 61000-4-12 Damped Oscillatory 1 MHz
- And many others…
IEEE and ANSI Standards
- IEEE 1613 - Testing Requirements for Communications Networking Devices in Power Substations.
- IEEE 37.90.1 - MHz Oscillatory, SWC Test Wave 3KV OC Fast Transient SWC Test Wave 5 KV OC
- IEEE 37.90.2
- IEEE 37.90.3
- IEEE ANSI C63.41 - 100kHz Ring wave 6kV, 500A 1.2us/50us, 8us/20us Comb Wave 6kV, 3kA