Lightning, HIRF & EMP Testing
At Elite, we generate industry standard electrical transients as well as custom develop the methods and equipment to provide almost any electrical transient wave shape required. We utilize state-of-the-art generators with high power amplifiers and dedicated burst generators. Our industry recognized lightning experts can custom build RLC circuits to produce specialized pulses or high voltage, long duration electrical surges.
- Maximum high voltage/current capabilities:
- Open circuit (voltage) transients–Maximum voltage: 50KV
- Short circuit (current) transients–Maximum current: 20,000Amps
Commercial Aerospace/Military Secondary Effects Lightning
Elite’s lightning test equipment includes the capabilities to conduct testing for RTCA DO-160 Section 22 and Boeing D6-16050-4 for all waveforms up to Level 5 for Single Stroke, Multi-Stroke, and Multi-Burst.
Military Test Specifications
- CS115, CS116
- DEF STAN 59-41
- Specialty waveforms for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and F-22.
CE Mark / International Lightning Surge Transients
- EN 61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transients
- EN 61000-4-5 Surge 1.2 x 50 / 8 x 20 us
- EN 61000-4-12 Damped Oscillatory 1 MHz
- Reverberation Chamber Testing Machine
Telecommunications Surge Testing
- Type A Telecom Surge
- Type B Telecom Surge
- Power Line Surge
Power Line Lightning Protection
- IEEE ANSI C63.41
- 100kHz Ring wave 6kV, 500A
- 1.2us/50us, 8us/20us Comb. Wave 6kV, 3kA
- 1 MHz Oscillatory, SWC Test Wave 3KV OC
- Fast Transient SWC Test Wave 5 KV OC
- HIRF Testing
Radiated Field Testing Machine
Elite’s powerful collection of amplifiers can deliver High Intensity. Radiated Field (HIRF) testing in excess of 200V/m throughout the range of 10kHz to 40GHz, and higher levels at other ranges.
Anechoic Chamber Testing
In our anechoic chambers, Elite engineers can deliver field strength levels at 1 meter separation in excess of
- 200V/m from 10kHz-40GHz CW, SW, or AM
- 600V/m from 400MHz-1000MHz CW, SW, or AM
- 1000V/m-1500V/m from 1GHz-18GHz PM
- Elite Engineers Deliver Full Strength Levels of Power With Mode Tuned Chamber Testing
Mode Tuned Reverberation Chamber Testing
In our mode tuned chambers, Elite engineers can deliver field strength levels in excess of
- 400V/m from 10kHz-40GHz CW, SW or AM
- 1000V/m from 400MHz-1000MHz CW, SW, or AM
- 3000V/m-4500V/m 1GHz-18GHz PM
Note that the RF field levels listed here have been achieved at Elite during chamber calibration and client testing. The actual field strengths achieved for other client testing may be lower than listed due to the loading imparted on the field by the test item, cabbing and support equipment.