Enhance Situational Awareness and Operational Efficiency
Takeoff and landing gross weight limitations are vital to mission planning so knowing them before setting foot on the flight deck is invaluable. Elite’s preTOLD application brings accurate Takeoff and Landing Data (TOLD) planning capability to your iPad to save time, enhance situational awareness, and improve the operational efficiency of your
C-130J preTOLD is now approved for use on U.S. Air Force iPad EFBs.
C-130J preTOLD is the only TOLD planning tool approved by Lockheed Martin for technical accuracy and overall functionality. It takes the TOLD planning capability of the Mission Computer (MC TOLD) off the flight deck and into the hands of crew members and planners. C-130J preTOLD has been validated against MC TOLD in partnership with Lockheed Martin. For crew members,
C-130 preTOLD is a stand-alone application that automates TOLD using the planning procedures and aircraft performance data from the operator's technical publications. It computes all takeoff and landing gross weight limits and brake cooling times for landing to aid risk assessment. Elite can also customize preTOLD to incorporate unique operator procedures, limitations, and TOLD Card formats.
At Elite, we understand the importance of TOLD planning and its impact on mission effectiveness. Our experts applied skills gained from years of experience creating C-130 performance data and working with flight crews to ensure preTOLD gives you the data you need to accomplish your mission.
Contact us today to learn more about C-130 preTOLD and schedule a demo.
Click here to view a demonstration of C-130J preTOLD for iPad.
What do C-130J operators think of preTOLD?
Active C-130J pilots and instructors from numerous U.S. operators trialed C-130J preTOLD for iPad in real operations around the world. The trial users encompassed a diverse mission set but the response was unanimous: "Every crew member should have this app." The primary advantage of C-130J preTOLD is the ability to plan without going to an aircraft or simulator - making accurate TOLD planning available anywhere. With better-TOLD data, crews and planners can make better decisions on load planning and assess safety margins in a few sections.
A survey of all the trial users revealed the immense value of C-130J preTOLD for training, planning, and mission execution:
"a great way to teach ramifications of weather and runway conditions"
"extremely useful for teaching students about heavy-weight assaults"
"saved significant [simulator] time"
"major time saver"
"more efficient and precise than running paper charts"
"all data necessary for proper preflight TOLD planning"
"much faster and instills more confidence"
"make decisions based on accurate TOLD"
"QUICKLY run multiple scenarios and save an entire mission worth of airfields"
"helped during an IFE where we had no flaps"
The survey results also proved that C-130J preTOLD was fast, accurate, easy to use, perfect for continuous training, and superior to all other TOLD planning tools.
The results are in. C-130J preTOLD delivers substantial benefits that save time, reduce workload, and improve situational awareness for flight crews every day.
Contact us today to experience the advantages of C-130J preTOLD for iPad.
Benefits of C-130 preTOLD
- Automate and enhance TOLD planning to save time and reduce crew workload
- Enable maximum payload capability by pinpointing weight limitations
- Improve flight safety with repeatable, standardized TOLD results
- Support training of TOLD planning to pilots, flight engineers, and planners
- Quickly evaluate multiple airfields, diversions, and "what-if" scenarios
- Present results in one-page TOLD Card format
- Save and recall input scenarios or export results for e-mail, print, etc.
- Customize to incorporate unique operator publications, procedures, and limitations
Do you use different publications or EFB devices? Contact us to find out how we can tailor C-130 preTOLD for your operations.
Features - C-130J preTOLD
- Version 2.5.1 complete for iPad, now available
- Click here to view a demonstration of C-130J preTOLD for iPad.
- The only tool reviewed and approved by Lockheed Martin for technical accuracy and overall functionality
- Delivers advisory data validated against USAF Block 6.0 Mission Computer
- Includes fixes for mitigations in technical publication supplements
- Computes all limiting gross weights for takeoff and landing, including gradient and obstacle clearance, for improved risk assessment
- TOLD Card view mirrors CNI display onboard C-130J with export to PDF format
Header image courtesy of Jimmy Van Drunen
Use of military imagery does not imply or constitute an endorsement of Elite Electronic Engineering, Inc., its products, or services by the U.S. Department of Defense.