Ensuring ruggedness in any environment.
Thanks to our state-of-the-art lab in Downers Grove, IL, Elite offers some of the most capable acceleration, shock and vibration testing services in the country. With four vibration tables boasting capacities of up to 25,000 pounds of vector force and mechanical shock machines capable of producing pulses in excess of 30,000Gs, our shock and vibration testing equipment are up to the challenge. Our Machining, Automation, and Controls (MAC) team can design, analyze and build custom fixtures to support testing of any product and guarantee compatibility with our test equipment. We have the machinery, technology, and expertise to ensure quick and accurate results. We are accredited to perform the following tests in accordance with many industry standards:
- A2LA ISO 17025 accredited for MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160, SAE J1455, GMW 3172 and more
- ISTA Certified Testing Laboratory for 2A product packaging protocol
- DLA/DSCC approved for MIL-STD-202
- ANSI C136.31 Roadway and Area Lighting - Luminaire Vibration
- Sine Vibration
- Random Vibration
- Sine-on-Random Vibration
- Random-on-Random Vibration
- Sine-and-Random-on-Random Vibration
- Field Data Replication/Simulation
- Classical Shock (Sawtooth, Half-Sine)
- Transient Shock
- Shock Response Spectrum (SRS)
- High G Constant Acceleration
- Handling and Free Fall Drop
Shock & Vibration Test Equipment
Whether you need sine, random (not sure which one? Click here), or any other vibration testing service performed, we have four tables that can be configured with temperature and humidity cycling:
- (V4) - 25k lbs, 3 in. displacement; 48 in. x 48 in. slip table
- (V5) - 13k lbs, 1.5 in. displacement; 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- (V6) - 20k lbs, 2 in. displacement; 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- (V7) - 20k lbs, 2 in. displacement; 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- (V8) - 17k lbs, 3 in. displacement; 32 in. x 32 in. slip table
- (HALT / HASS) - 100Grms, wth temp cycling. 32 in. x 32 in. table
- (S1) - 3,000g's/0.5ms to 10g's/100msec Half-sine (saw-tooth at lower levels)
- (S2) - 30,000g's/0.02ms Half-sine (saw-tooth at lower levels)
- HALT - 1500g's synchronized shock up to 25Hz
Package Vibration: Cam operated bounce test for transportation evaluation of ISTA requirements.
Acceleration: Centrifuge with 3 ft. arm; up to 75Gs, sustained.
Shock & Vibration Testing Services
SRS or Trapezoid Classical Wave Shapes
Using the largest equipment available in our vibration testing lab, Elite can conduct Shock Response Spectrum mechanical shock testing commonly specified for MIL-STD-810 requirements.
This vibration control scheme has been developed through the work of Vibration Research Corporation. VRC “Kurtosion” software incorporates high peak acceleration levels (greater than three sigma) to produce vibration testing more representative of the true vibration environment.
Field Data Replication
Elite engineers can travel on-site to record the actual vibration environment. We utilize hardened field data recorders with multi-channel accelerometer inputs to capture vibration amplitudes and frequency characteristics. Once measurements are complete, we return to the laboratory to replay the recorded field data at increased amplitudes to accelerate fatigue stresses.
Custom Test Fixtures
Elite's Machining, Automation, and Controls (MAC) team includes a design engineer and a full-time machinst dedicated to designing, analyzing, and building test fixtures tailored to any product. Fixtures are a critical component of shock and vibration testing to accurately simulate real-world product installation and transmit mechanical energy without interference. Our MAC team has the expertise to build what you need and collaborate with our test engineers to deliver it quickly. This integrated service streamlines planning and preparation for our customers and reduce schedule risk.
For more information on vibration testing, please click here.