Experience The One-Stop Elite Advantage
Elite’s Thermotron AST-35 HALT chamber and years of experience are in place to help manufacturers evaluate products and equipment for functional life and for optimizing product design.
Both HALT and HASS have become industry-accepted procedures and essential steps in meeting demands for high product reliability and quality. By quickly discovering of design flaws before an item is in full production, manufacturers save significant time and costs associated with test and validation, warranty replacement, and product liability litigation.
The Difference between HALT & HASS
We often get asked "what's the difference between HALT and HASS?" (collectively referred to as Accelerated Stress testing). There are several differences:
HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test)
Our HALT testing service will analyze your product's temperature extremes and vibration resilience (via a six-axis vibration test). The purpose of a HALT test is to:
- Intentionally but systematically produce test item failures for the purpose of rapidly identifying mechanical, electrical, design and functional weak points.
- Analyze design weaknesses so they can be corrected and the product design optimized for reliability.
HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening)
The purpose of HASS testing is to overstress the product to identify marginal or defective products before shipment. HASS test levels are identified during HALT and are established to compress test time without damaging the product or reducing its life.
Elite HASS & HALT Testing Chamber Capabilities
- -100C to +200C (-148F to +302F)
- Greater than +60C per minute product temperature change rates (heating or cooling)
- 36” x 36” Vibration Table, 480lbs total weight capacity for test item & fixture
- Workspace Dimensions 42”W x 42”D x 40”H
- Vibration Frequency Range: 2Hz-10kHz; Vibration Level: Up to 50Grms
- Two (2) 3”x8” access ports, Three (3) 20”x20” viewing windows