Experience the one-stop Elite advantage
Elite’s Thermotron AST-35 HALT chamber and years of experience are in place to assist manufacturers evaluate equipment for functional life and for optimizing product design.
Both HALT and HASS have become industry accepted procedures and essential steps in meeting demands for high reliability and quality. By quickly discovering of design flaws before a item is in full production, manufacturers save significant time and costs associated with test and validation, warranty replacement, and product liability litigation.
HALT - Highly Accelerated Life Testing
- Combined six-axis vibration and temperature extremes.
- Intentionally but systematically produces test item failures for the purpose of rapidly identifying mechanical, electrical, design and functional weak points.
- Design weaknesses can be analyzed, corrected, and the product design optimized.
HASS - Highly Accelerated Stress Screening
- Overstress test to identify marginal or defective products before shipment.
- HASS test levels are identified during HALT and are established to compress test time without damaging the product or reducing its life.
Elite HALT and HASS Testing Chamber Capabilities
- -100C to +200C (-148F to +302F)
- Greater than +60C per minute product temperature change rates (heating or cooling)
- 36” x 36” Vibration Table, 480lbs total weight capacity for test item & fixture
- Workspace Dimensions 42”W x 42”D x 40”H
- Vibration Frequency Range: 2Hz-10kHz; Vibration Level: Up to 50Grms
- Two (2) 3”x8” access ports, Three (3) 20”x20” viewing windows
HALT/HASS Consulting & Training
- Elite consultants are available to assist in failure analysis and design troubleshooting
- Training courses in HALT/HASS methodology
- Click on the Downloads tab for more techincal papers and presentations