Verify Product Limitations Without Waiting A Lifetime
Life cycle testing subjects a product to a range of motions and functions to deliver hard data on product durability with benefits for both manufacturers and end-users. Manufacturers can verify predictions about product life and learn about potential weaknesses in their products. End-users can choose and operate products armed with confidence that they have been proven in real-world conditions.
Elite’s experts partner with you to design and build automation systems and execute test protocols under real-world conditions. Our unique combination of expertise in data collection, environmental simulation, and mechanical design/fabrication makes Elite the right choice for independent life cycle and durability testing.
There is no “standard” life cycle test, so the first step is to define the scope of test program and the overall goals. Reliability engineers with expertise on your product and application can define test protocols, sample quantities, and success criteria. Another approach is to “test to failure” to focus more on identifying and analyzing potential failure modes. Once your goals are defined, Elite helps to automate and execute durability data collection.
Environmental Simulation and Life Cycle Test Automation
Our complete Environmental Stress Testing laboratory enables us to simulate virtually any combined environment and accurately collect valuable product performance data:
- Vibration and Shock, including field data collection and replication
- Temperature, Humidity, and Altitude
- Water and Dust Exposure
- Cyclic Force Application
- Electrical Current Cycling
- Multi-Channel Data Acquisition
- Video Monitoring
Consistent, repeatable motion and actuation of your product are critical to the success of any life cycle durability test. With an in-house machine shop and 3D printing capabilities, our experts design and build automation systems tailored for your product and test protocol. Our systems can be operated in simulated environments at our lab, or delivered to your facility and integrated with your quality control processes.
How We Prove Durability
We have applied our extensive test and automation experience for transportation, medical, and industrial device manufacturers to automate life cycle durability testing and provide valuable data for quality and reliability analysis:
- Cycled switches, knobs, and rotary joints to ensure long-term stability of a medical device worn by surgeons.
- Accelerated life test of precision motor with custom-built load simulator, combining vibration and temperature stresses.
- Inflated air bladders and simulated mechanical forces at extreme temperatures to verify integrity of seals for marine component.
- Delivered an automated stress screening system to a medical device manufacturer to confirm production quality control.
Elite offers truly integrated automation and testing tailored to your requirements. Contact us today to achieve your durability testing goals.