Vibration & Shock Testing Equipment & Services
With seven vibration tables boasting capacities of up to 25,000 pounds of vector force and mechanical shock machines capable of producing pulses in excess of 30,000Gs, our shock and vibration testing equipment are up to the challenge. We can accommodate large test items and test multiple samples together to save time and cost. Our Machining, Automation, and Controls (MAC) team can design, analyze and build custom fixtures to support testing of any product and guarantee compatibility with our test equipment. We have the machinery, technology, and expertise to ensure quick and accurate results tailored to your requirements.
Vibration & Shock Testing Standards
We are ISO 17025 accredited to perform testing at our Downers Grove, IL, laboratory in accordance with the following industry standards:
Military and Commercial Aerospace
- RTCA DO-160D/E/F/G,
- DLA Approved for MIL-STD-202F/G/H
- DLA Approved for EIA-364
- FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5345 Series
Automotive, Marine and Railway
- SAE J1455
- SAE J575
- GMW 3172
- ISO 16750
- IEC 61373
- IEC 60068-2
- IEC 60255-21-1
ISTA 2A Certified Testing Laboratory for Product Packaging
Vibration and shock testing profiles should be tailored to your product and application whenever possible, so we can create and perform custom profiles based on your specific requirements – including collection and replication of field vibration data.
- ANSI C136.31 Roadway and Area Lighting - Luminaire Vibration
- Sine Vibration
- Random Vibration
- Sine-on-Random Vibration
- Random-on-Random Vibration
- Sine-and-Random-on-Random Vibration
- Field Data Replication/Simulation
- Classical Shock (Sawtooth, Half-Sine)
- Transient Shock
- Shock Response Spectrum (SRS)
- Handling and Free Fall Drop
Vibration & Shock Test Equipment
Whether you need sine, random (not sure which one? Click here), or any other vibration testing service performed, we have seven tables that can also be configured with temperature and humidity cycling:
- D02 - 20,000 lbf, 2.0 in. displacement, 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- D04 - 25,000 lbf, 3.0 in. displacement, 48 in. x 48 in. slip table
- D05 - 13,000 lbf, 1.5 in. displacement, 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- D06 - 20,000 lbf, 2.0 in. displacement, 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- D07 - 400 lbf, up to 5,000 Hz
- D08 - 17,000 lbf, 3.0 in. displacement, 32 in. x 32 in. slip table
- D09 - 25,000 lbf, 3.0 in. displacement, 36 in. x 36 in. slip table
- HALT - 100Grms, wth temp cycling. 32 in. x 32 in. table
- D13 - 3,000g's/0.5ms to 10g's/100msec Half-sine (saw-tooth at lower levels)
- D12 - 30,000g's/0.02ms Half-sine (saw-tooth at lower levels)
- HALT - 1500g's synchronized shock up to 25Hz
Cam-operated bounce test for transportation evaluation of ISTA requirements.
Vibration & Shock Testing Services
SRS or Trapezoid Classical Wave Shapes
Using the largest equipment available in our vibration testing lab, Elite can conduct Shock Response Spectrum mechanical shock testing commonly specified for MIL-STD-810 requirements.
This vibration control scheme has been developed through the work of Vibration Research Corporation. VRC “Kurtosion” software incorporates high peak acceleration levels (greater than three sigma) to produce vibration testing more representative of the true vibration environment.
Field Data Collection and Replication
Elite engineers can travel on-site to record the actual vibration environment. We utilize hardened field data recorders with multi-channel accelerometer inputs to capture vibration amplitudes and frequency characteristics. Once measurements are complete, we return to the laboratory to replay the recorded field data at increased amplitudes to accelerate fatigue stresses.
Custom Test Fixtures
Elite's Machining, Automation, and Controls (MAC) team includes a design engineer and a full-time machinist dedicated to designing, analyzing, and building test fixtures tailored to any product. Fixtures are a critical component vibration and shock testing to accurately simulate real-world product installation and transmit mechanical energy without interference. Our MAC team has the expertise to build what you need and collaborate with our test engineers to deliver it quickly. This integrated service streamlines planning and preparation for our customers and reduce schedule risk.