Light measurement for product development and qualification
Today’s lighting systems do more than just illuminate our surroundings. They include Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), complex digital controls, and power electronics to increase energy efficiency and customize output performance. For many applications, lighting systems must endure constant exposure to harmful environmental and electromagnetic conditions without compromising photometric performance.
Elite’s Photometry Laboratory is fully equipped with state-of-the-art measurement equipment to ensure accurate, repeatable results and efficient operation. Our lab offers broad measurement capabilities to meet SAE, FAA, and other common industry specifications as well as customer-defined requirements. For general LED lighting applications, we can also perform IES LM-79 measurements using our Type A goniophotometer to simulate Type C geometry. We can also design and build custom mounting fixtures to support lamps, LED sources, and complete lighting systems while under test.
Light Measurements to Meet Your Needs
- Photometry – Luminous Flux (lumens), Intensity (candela), Efficacy (lumens/watt)
- Colorimetry – Chromaticity Coordinates, Correlated Color Temperature (CCT), Color Rendering Index (CRI)
- Spectral – Flux (Watts/nm), Intensity (Watts/sr-nm), Peak & Dominant Wavelengths
- Electrical – Voltage, Current, Power, Power Factor, etc.
Advanced Equipment for Trusted Results
- Type A goniophotometer with 60 ft test distance (simulates Type C for accurate LM-79 measurements).
- 2-meter integrating sphere with 4pi and 2pi geometries.
- High-precision spectrometers with NIST-traceable calibration sources.
- Integrated power supply and analyzer with software control.
- Custom mounting fixtures for every application.
Contact us today to discuss testing requirements for your automotive, aerospace, airport, and general lighting products. Whether you need developmental measurements or full qualification testing, we are ready to help you succeed.