ISTA Package Testing at Elite
ISTA package testing helps ensure that products are adequately protected during transit. It assesses how packaging performs under various conditions, including vibration, shock, and temperature changes. Properly packaged products are less likely to get damaged during shipping, reducing the risk of customer dissatisfaction and returns. Elite offers a wide range of ISTA testing services to ensure your products arrive to their destination undamaged, and you can avoid expenses related to replacement, refunds, and reshipment. Please see Elite’s Packaging Accreditation page for our specific capabilities.
ISTA Certified Laboratory
Why ISTA test your packaged products?
Consumers increasingly prefer home delivery of their purchases and expect them to arrive damage-free. For manufacturers, shippers, and package designers, that means more time spent in transit – and more opportunities for damage. Performance and simulation testing demonstrates the damage tolerance of your packaging and saves cost throughout distribution. Shippers can also participate in the ISTA “Transit Tested” Program to reduce insurance costs with major carriers.
- Optimize packaging size and weight to control freight costs.
- Reduce product replacement and warranty repair costs due to damage in transit.
- Minimize insurance costs through carries.
- Faster insurance claim resolution when damage does occur.
- Eliminate bulk and waste without compromising integrity performance.
Expertise and capability for trusted results
ISTA Test Series cover 4 main distribution hazards: Handling Drop and Impact, Transportation Vibration, Stacking Load, and Atmospheric Conditions. Elite has the personnel and equipment to accurately simulate them all.
- ISTA Certified Laboratory and ISO 17025 accreditation
- ISTA 6 Amazon Testing Services for Overboxing and Ships-In-Own-Container (SIOC)
- Drop Tester
- Vertical and Rotary Vibration – packages up to 5 feet wide
- Temperature/Humidity Chambers – multiple chambers sized for small packages up to large crates and pallets
- Random Vibration and Dynamic Load
ISTA Package Testing CapabilitiesCOMPLETE TESTING FACILITY DETAILS
Ready to Connect with an Elite Expert?
Contact us today to start delivering your packaged products damage-free at lower cost.
Our ISTA Packaging Specialists
The International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) publishes packaging standards to ensure that products are delivered without damage. Elite’s experts test for compliance using ISTA-certified procedures for vibration, drop, moisture, and related stresses. Elite’s trusted results assure the integrity of your packaged product.
Technical Sales / Senior Environmental Engineer
FAA Program Administrator / Senior Mechanical Engineer
Environmental Team Leader / Senior Mechanical Engineer