Complete light output and color evaluation in one location
Today’s lighting systems do more than just illuminate our surroundings. Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), complex digital controls, and power electronics increase energy efficiency and customize output performance.
From aviation to automotive light testing, Elite’s photometric testing lab is fully equipped with state-of-the-art measurement equipment to make sure you get accurate and repeatable results on your schedule. Our lab offers broad measurement capabilities and ISO 17025 accreditation to meet FMVSS, SAE, FAA, ICAO, IES, MIL-STD, and other common industry specifications as well as customer-defined requirements. In addition to steady light sources, we can accommodate flashing sources to measure Peak and Effective Intensity, Flash Energy, and Optical Power. We can also design and build custom mounting fixtures to support lamps, luminaries, LED sources, and complete lighting systems while under test.
3 Reasons to Choose Elite for Photometric Testing
ISO 17025 Accredited Testing
- Automotive Lighting – FMVSS 108, GMW14906, SAE J575, J2139, J1889, J578
- Aviation Lighting – FAA Part 23/25/27/29, SAE AS8037, AS8017, AS25050
- Airport Ground and Obstruction Lighting – Certification and Qualification Testing for FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5345 Series, EB-67D, ICAO Annex 14, Canada TP312
- Warning Lights – SAE J845, J595, NFPA 1901, GSA-1822F
- LED Lamps and Luminaries – IES LM-79 (Sections 9 and 12), TM-30, DesignLights Consortium (DLC) flux and color
- Handheld Flashlights and Headlamps – ANSI/PLATO FL 1-2019 Light Output, Beam Intensity/Distance, Run Time, Impact and Water Resistance
As a U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Third-Party Certification Body for all product types covered by the FAA Airport Lighting Equipment Certification Program (ALECP), we can test and list your products quickly.
Equipped for Signal Lights and More
Our specialty is signal lighting for automotive, aerospace, and airport ground lighting applications. But our knowledge and equipment extends to marine lanterns, flashlights, displays, instrument clusters, and switches to evaluate lighting performance and NVIS compatibility.
Contact us to find out how we can assist with your specific test requirements.
Photometric Testing CapabilitiesComplete Test Facility Details
Advanced Equipment for Trusted Results
- Type A goniophotometer with 64 ft test distance.
- 2-meter integrating sphere with spectroradiometer for 4pi and 2pi geometries.
- High-sensitivity spectroradiometer for luminance/radiance down to 0.17 mm spots and extremely low-light levels.
- NIST-traceable calibration for all instruments.
- Integrated power supply and analyzer with software control.
- Custom mounting fixtures for every application.
Specialized Measurements for Every Application
Light Measurements to Meet Your Needs
Ready to Connect with an Elite Expert?
Our testing experts are available to answer your questions about our capabilities. Connect with us to discuss your requirements.
Our Photometric Testing Specialists
Industry standards and regulatory requirements for transportation lighting are complex, so rely of our experts to answer your questions. Elite’s experts staff one of few labs equipped to give you the trusted results you need for your automotive and aerospace lighting equipment.
Technical Sales Engineer
Deputy Quality Manager / Project Engineer
FAA Program Administrator / Senior Mechanical Engineer