ISO 17025 Accredited and DLC-Approved LM-79 Testing Laboratory
LED-based solid-state lighting (SSL) products offer many advantages over incandescent lamps, but they present unique challenges for performance measurements. LM-79 was developed by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) to standardize the photometric and electrical measurements of LED-based SSL products and is the benchmark test for lighting manufacturers and numerous qualification programs.
Why Choose Elite for LM-79 Sphere Testing?
LM-79 Testing CapabilitiesComplete Test Facility Details
Quick Sphere Testing for Lamps and Luminaires
- 2-meter integrating sphere system equipped with high-precision spectroradiometer and integrated power management
- Up to 52″ wide LED luminaires in 4pi configuration with omni-directional standard lamp
- Up to 24″ wide LED luminaires in 2pi configuration with special forward flux standard lamp
- TM-30 color calculations are also available as part of our LM-79 test reports
- Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR) measurements for LED horticultural and grow lighting
Complete Luminaire Testing in One Location
Elite’s powerful combination of EMI/EMC, Environmental Stress, Photometric, and Wireless testing services help lighting manufacturers successfully validate every aspect of their products in one location.
- FCC Part 15 RF Emissions Testing and TCB Certification for LEDs and Controls
- CE Mark Compliance to EMC, Low Voltage, and Radio Equipment Directives
- ANSI C136.31 Vibration Testing for Roadway Luminaires
- IEC 60529 Ingress Protection (IP) Testing for Water and Dust
- MIL-STD-810 Temperature and Humidity Exposure
- ISTA Certified Test Laboratory for Product Packaging Validation
- Electric Power/Utility-Grade Surge and Transient Protection Testing
- Full-service Machine Shop to Design and Fabricate Custom Fixtures
Ready to Connect with an Elite Expert?
Our testing experts are available to answer your questions about our capabilities. Connect with us to discuss your requirements.
Our LM-79 Testing Specialists
The IES LM-79 standard applies to solid-state lighting devices, and the proliferation of LED lamps has created the need for testing you can trust. Contact us today to experience the Elite Advantage of expert engineers, responsive scheduling, and trusted results.
Technical Sales Engineer
Deputy Quality Manager / Project Engineer
FAA Program Administrator / Senior Mechanical Engineer