December 17, 2014
The IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James C. Klouda and his professional career in the field of electromagnetic compatibility. The Scholarship Fund awards, on an annual basis, a scholarship to a qualified undergraduate student who seeks an electrical engineering degree with an emphasis in the field of EMC or a related discipline, from an accredited U.S. university or college.
Administration: The selection of the Scholarship recipients will be administered by IEEE EMC-S. EMC-S will serve as administrator of the IEEE JCK Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee.
Eligibility: The Scholarship Candidate must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in electrical engineering at an accredited university or college and inside the U.S. (no distance learning or online course students are eligible)
- Have completed freshman year in an electrical engineering program at an accredited university or college in the U.S.
- Hold a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed college coursework in electromagnetic compatibility or in a related discipline
Prize Items: The Scholarship Fund will be used to fund on an annual basis the following annual expenses:
- A maximum of US$1,000 for one student for school expenses (tuition, books, students fees)
- EMC-S Student Membership for 12 months to one student
- Evidence of maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- One referral letter from an individual who is qualified to evaluate the applicant’s academic accomplishments (e.g., professor, administrator, employer, internship organization)
- Additional consideration will be afforded to scholarship applicants that reside in IEEE Region 4
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2015 *Deadline subject to change*
Stay tuned for more updates.
Click on the flyer to download scholarship information.
This August, Elite was proud to hand out the 1st IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship Award to Benjamin Toby. An electrical engineering student at Missouri University of Science and Technology, Mr. Toby was a bright and humble young man with a lot of promise. We hope that the award helps Benjamin in his pursuit of EMC knowledge and that next year’s recipient is as deserving and sincere as this year’s! Contact us for more details on the scholarship and how to apply.